Tuesday, March 3, 2015

into the fitness

Today was one of those "I kicked some ass" days.  Those days are AWESOME!!

  I'm currently training for my second fitness competition.   On June 20th, 2015, in Denver, Colorado, I will be stepping on stage for TWO divisions.   Diva Fitness Model and Diva Bikini model.  Holy balls.  I couldn't be more pumped.  

My first showwas August, 2013.  I attended the WBFF World's in Las Vegas.  I competed in the Diva Bikini model division.  It was one of the coolest and most terrifying things I have ever accomplished.  Walking out onto that stage though, I was a winner.  I mean, I didn't actually win.  I didn't even place.  This was the Superbowl of fitness competitions.  There were over 200 girls competing in my category alone.  But I didn't do the competition to win.  My trainer for that show, Nicholas Marion, would probably cringe if he heard me say that.  But it's true!!  I won the second I decided to change my lifestyle.  I won first place the second I stepped on that stage!

  From before photo, to day of show photo (pre-spray tan and hair), was 16 weeks.
I did some WORK!

@nmfitness
@nmfitness

That year was a rough one.  I had moved, gone through a breakup and wasn't healthy or taking care of myself.  One could say I wasn't making the best choices.  But, I listened to Nicholas and I kept my head up.  I kept the weight heavy and I made it.  I changed my life and my body.  I felt sexy and strong and I tapped into a part of myself that I didn't even know existed.  Even the support I had in the gym from members was amazing.  Nicholas's gym, formerly Urban Athletica, brought great women into my life.  Those girls know who they are.  I wouldn't have made it without them.  We don't stay connected like we used to (life happens like that sometimes), but I still look back on the support and love they gave me and shake my head with how lucky I was.  Good friends are hard to find.

That time changed my life.  I did all the hard work.  I DID THAT!
Nobody can ever take that away from me.

My lifestyle isn't for everyone, and please don't think that because I'm a training as a fitness competitor that I am super wrapped up in how I look.  Or that I'm telling you how to live your life.  Or that I think my story is more important than anyone else's.  To my mother's displeasure, I can fart, burp and talk about poop with the best of  'em. and I'll always choose comfy pants.  Tacos and ice cream will always be my favorite food groups and I know that there is a terrible amount of pain and struggle in the world.  I simply want to share this part of my life because it makes me feel good.  It helps me with my own pain and struggles.

We all fight out own battles and struggle with our own demons.  
 This is my way of  making me feel like I'm accomplishing something.  This is my way of making a difference.  I just happen to start with myself.  If I'm the best version of me, I can do anything.

Like I mentioned in a previous post...I'm not a girl with an outstanding story.  I'm just constantly learning how to fall in love with myself and this is part of my process, this is part of my journey.  I'm setting goals, and  plan to squash them.  I'm strong.  I've finally surrounded myself with people who support me and believe in me.  And I'm also constantly learning to LET THEM!!  Life is a process.

 I am a powerhouse.  I can do anything.

Watch me.

You can also follow my journey on instagram @misstaymarie

2 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome girl! Inspiring changes. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana!! Sounds like you're making some moves too! ❤️

      Delete