Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Molten Chocolate Cake...and other life events


As I was driving home from the gym tonight, I couldn't get this image out of my mind.  It's from last year, at an event my work did at Suzie's Farm in San Diego.  I felt amazing that day.  I wish everyone could feel amazing on most days.  But the good comes with the bad.  That's just the way things go.

I had a chance to go home to Seattle last weekend.  It was way too short of a trip, and as usual, I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to see.  I don't even think I told a lot of people I was coming home.  But...I did get to see my Mom, and it being her birthday weekend and all, she was pretty much the ONLY person I really cared about spending time with.  We had a bit of a scare though, and she ended up in the hospital.  

It really puts life into perspective when you think you might lose someone you love so much.  Thankfully, she's okay and is recovering just fine.  She's a fighter like that.  And of course her only concern, the entire time and even now, was how her health was affecting me.  She's so cute.  Always taking care of others and putting their needs above her own. I love her.

She's definitely a big supporter in my fitness journey.  We have certainly had our struggles, but she is my mother and I don't ever want to take that for granted.  I'm lucky and I am appreciating her more and more every day.  I would call her my #numberonefan, but my Bestie has already claimed that title.  Let's call her my #numbermomfan...I think that covers it. Funny story actually...I learned that my mom trained for a show back when I was younger, but 1.  I don't really remember it and 2.  I probably don't remember it because she never ended up competing because she broke her tailbone.  How does that even happen??  I'll have to ask her.   I don't know why I haven't already.

I've been a bit of a stress case the last week because of my trip.  I missed some workouts, wasn't following my macros like I should have, and I was traveling which always leads to...water bloat.  Honestly I know it doesn't really matter because I had the best time, and my mother's health is way more important and she and I shared the most AMAZING Molten Chocolate Cake from Ponti Seafood and Grill while in Fremont.  

I mean... It.  Was.  Life.  Changing.  
@pontigrill

Anway...I'm back to Denver and back on track.  And my mom is happy and healthy.

Today was a solo posing class.  A needed a makeup day since I missed the group class on Sunday due to travel.  I have to say, I am part of an amazing training crew.  My trainer, Kasey, is a sarcastic hard ass and will call me out in a heartbeat.  I love her.  My posing and nutrition coach, Alysha, is a wealth of knowledge and I think she would give me her left arm if it would help me reach my goals.

Team Fit Chick is basically, 100%, real life, incredible. 

When you find people who believe in you, celebrate who you are, support you and push you forward...NEVER LET THEM GO!  It's such a blessing to be surrounded with such motivating people.  Plus, they make me see that I'm not crazy for always believing that I was meant for something greater.  For believing that my hopes and dreams aren't unrealistic or insane.

But you gotta work hard!!  You have to show up!  That's half the battle!  
Love others, love yourself, be kind.

Let's do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment